Paternity DNA Testing: Clarifying doubt
Knowing whether a father is the biological father of a child is leading more parents in San Diego to use Paternity DNA Testing. For this type of test, the mother’s DNA sample is not necessary, yet it is recommended for more accurate results.
In cases of inclusion, the probability of Paternity is higher than 99.99%. In the case of exclusion, the probability of Paternity is 0%, and excluding the presumed father from being the biological father of the child at 100%.
Paternity DNA Tests in San Diego
Performing a Paternity DNA Test
A Paternity DNA Test can be used in cases where the paternity of a child is needed to: obtain social security benefits, acquire custody, settle an inheritance claim, and provide proof of a biological relationship between an immigration applicant and their U.S. citizen sponsor.
If the result of a Paternity DNA Test reports a probability of 99% or greater for a child and father, then such a result is considered conclusive.
How to go about Paternity Testing in San Diego
Obtaining a Paternity DNA Test at DNA Testing San Diego is fast and easy. Simply contact us to schedule an appointment at a location near you, and we’ll take care of the rest!
The testing procedure is quick and simple. To perform a DNA Paternity Test, we gently rub the inside of your cheek with a buccal swab to collect cheek cells. These cheek cells provide enough DNA to create your genetic profile. Following the test, your results will be available in as little as 2 to 4 business days.
We strive for convenience and accuracy.
Services that we offer at DNA Testing San Diego
When performing a Paternity DNA Test in San Diego, you should be aware that the results could involve other possible fathers who may be related to the child. Therefore, it is important to verify the likelihood that the father’s DNA matches that of the child’s, in order to obtain an accurate conclusion.
DNA Paternity Test Selection
Here’s a quick run-down of the DNA Paternity Tests we offer in San Diego. If you do not see the service you are looking for, be sure to contact us for more information:
Legal Paternity Testing – This type of test is done under the supervision of a certified DNA collector. It is a way of naming the father legally, by providing court-admissible test results.
Prenatal Testing – Our technologically-advanced Certainty™ Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test, performed with a strict chain-of-custody process, is the first and only Prenatal Test accredited by the AABB. DNA Testing San Diego offers this type of Prenatal Paternity Testing to pregnant mothers who are at least 9 weeks gestation.
Personal knowledge – If you need the test results solely for peace of mind, you have the option of collecting your DNA samples at home, and sending them to DNA Testing San Diego for testing. Keep in mind, these results are not court-admissible.
Legal Paternity Testing
We want to make this process as simple as we can. Since we have an extensive network of collections sites, DNA Testing San Diego can accommodate if the child or alleged father lives outside of San Diego, and even outside of the state.
Performing a Legal DNA Paternity Test in San Diego
Performing a DNA Paternity Test in San Diego is the best way of naming a father legally. While there are several ways to establish paternity, DNA Paternity Testing is now the most accurate and popular method in San Diego.
If the father is unavailable, we can prove the same relationship by testing a grandparent, a sibling, an aunt, or an uncle. The results from these tests can also be used as court-admissible proof of paternity.
There are many reasons why mothers and fathers may choose to have a DNA Paternity Test done. If the parents are unmarried, Paternity Testing can resolve questions from curiosity, to financial or legal disputes. Though you may be sure of the parentage of your child, state aid programs, insurance companies, and Social Security might have questions.
Determining paternity also is necessary to give children access to family medical histories. This could be important when the child becomes enrolled in schools. Some school systems may need information about potential genetic diseases, from both the mother and the father’s families.
It is important to note that you need to perform a legal DNA Paternity Test to complete any state or federally related paperwork.
Why choose DNA Testing San Diego?
Need assistance? Don't hesitate to call San Diego DNA Testing.
If you’re looking for quick, affordable, and reliable answers related to DNA Testing, then contact DNA Testing San Diego.